PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
We may collect Personal Data about you and any devices you use when you use theServices, correspond with us regarding the website or the services provided throughit, and otherwise generally access our website for any reason whatsoever. We may also receive Personal Data about you from third party sources which Personal Data we may add to the data we get from your use of our website. “Personal Data” includes any data which may be used to identify or contact you, including but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth, nationality, occupation, username and/or other data which may be necessary to create an account with us or use the Services. Personal Data shall not include aggregated data or data that, by itself, does not permit the identification of individual persons. We may automatically collect Personal Data about you and the device you use to access our Website, generally whenever you use our website, andwhen you decide to use the Services.
Personal Data that is transmitted to us may include but is not limited to:
- Information which can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Financial data (such as credit card or bank account numbers) when you pay us for the Services.
- Postage, billing and other Personal Data used to purchase Services.
- Data through a web form or when you correspond with us regarding the Services; and
- Additional data required by applicable laws to collect and process an order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the data that we have collected is correct.
We will only gather Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which it will be used and will not gather excessive or unnecessary personal data and/or PersonalData about you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data that we collect is reliable, accurate, complete, and current, always bearing in mind its intended purpose. You have a responsibility to keep the data that you provide to us updated and we will take reasonable steps to facilitate this mind its intended purpose. You have a responsibility to keep the data that you provide to us updated and we will take reasonable steps to facilitate this.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the Personal Data we collect about you to provide you with continuity in services, a personalized experience when you visit our website, to contact you about our website or the Services we provide through it, provide you customer service, a personalized advertising and marketing experience, and detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We may therefore use and retain your Personal Data as previously stated and as follows:
- To give you access to our website.
- Operate, maintain, and improve our website and the Services.
- To send data including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about goods and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user data with other Personal Data.
- Customize, measure, and improve our services; and to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalized content using your GPS).
Your Personal Data may be transferred to any government authority, agency, and institution if and as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
SUPPLEMENTAL PERSONAL DATA
We may supplement the data we collect about you with data from third parties (such as additional contact data, credit check data and data from credit bureaus, always subject to applicable laws).
THIRD PARTY PERSONAL DATA
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to our Website and the Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Website. We minimize the amount of personal data we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
We may share Personal Data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may share Personal Data for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose data we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding, and listing history.
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g., data on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file)
- We may share data to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share data in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share data with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We may disclose your Personal Data to alternative payment providers and its corporate family for the following purposes:
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your PayPal or alternative payment accounts.
- To provide customer services or resolve disputes (e.g., billing, or transactionaldisputes); and
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our services with a payment card, and we use PayPal to process your payment.
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share your Personal Data with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your Personal Data. If your personal Data will be collected, used, disclosed, or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your Personal Data for the new purposes.
We take steps to ensure that the Personal Data we collect from you is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it which includes reviewing and updating your Personal Data upon request and honoring anystatutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your Personal Data. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your Personal Data, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your Personal Data in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws but will give you reasons if we do so.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send younon-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about the services we are providing you and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about Personal Data to our Contact Data below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Data.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this data, you may update your email preferences by replying to the email or clicking the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
Note that if you choose to ‘opt-out’, withhold, block or request that we delete your personal data, you may not be able to receive the benefit of our goods or services.